First of all, I wanted to wish to all of you an Happy New Year… I hope you had as lovely holidays as I did even if I had way too much of our French treats such as Foie-Gras, Fine Cheeses and all kind of sweets. It’s time for me to get back to healthy BUT tasty dishes in order to DETOX my body in a gentle way!
For those who have been very moderate or just postpone to February all the good resolutions because of the Galette des Rois, don’t worry… you can still enjoy the recipe that I posted last year!
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 1 kg of carrots
- 0,8 l of water
- 40 cl of coconut milk
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 large onion
- ½ tsp ground coriander*
- ½ tsp ground cumin*
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon*
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Wash and peel the onions and carrots. Chop the onion and cut the carrots in slices 2-3mm wide.
- In a large heavy bottom pan, heat the oil and gently fry the onion until it gets golden brown. Add the sliced carrots on top, salt and pepper then pour the water and the stock. You can dissolve the stock cube in hot water before otherwise, it will dissolve by itself while cooking. Bring it to a boil then cover the pan with a lid and keep on cooking gently for 25-30 minutes.
- Once the carrots are cooked (they are soft and easy to cut), pour all the content of the pan in a blender with the coconut milk and the spices. Blend them until you obtain a nice and smooth soup. Taste and rectify the seasoning up to your taste.
- Depending on how you like your soup, you can adjust the quantity of water or coconut milk to make it more or less liquid, more or less creamy.
- Pour it into serving bowls and serve it straight away while it’s still hot.
- For decoration, you can add coriander leaves or a spoon of whipped cream and some freshly ground pepper.